• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need a US license plate frame

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Brent

Presume this is for your front bumper...on chrome bumper cars, the Euro holes were the only holes you got. You (or the delivering dealer) had to drill the proper holes for US license plates with an electric drill. If you don't want to do this, go to a metal shop and buy a piece of 1/8 or even 3/16 inch aluminum and cut it the same size as a US license plate. Drill two holes in the aluminum to match the Euro holes in your bumper (center the holes so the plate is half above and half below the bumper)and bolt the plate to the bumper with flat head machine screws through rubber washers (keeps the plate from being bent when some yahoo backs into you). Then drill holes in the corners to match the holes in your license plate, and bolt up with stainless screws.

Or, go to a junkyard and find a plastic front license plate holder from Something Else and make it fit...

Cheers and good luck

Mike

Nevada '69

Sahara '73

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

Actually this if for the rear. How uncool is that? The

PO shoestringed the tags on before (among other

things) so I'm starting over.

I'll fab something I reckon.

Thanks,

Brent

'71 Saharusty

Guest Anonymous

Brent

For the rear, just bolt the plate directly to the sheet metal. Use the same rubber washers (about 1/2 inch thick) to space the plate away from the body so it won't hit either the aluminum trim above the plate, or the little sheet metal crease below.

Cheers

Mike

Nevada '69

Sahara '73