• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro Nose - Options & Brands

jdbaker789

Hi everyone, I have a 1976 2002 and am working on converting over to the euro bumpers. The nose piece on my car was damaged, so I purchased a new nose piece, brand MVP, which is made for the euro style bumpers since I knew I wanted to make that switch. I was planning to purchase a set of euro bumpers from Blunttech but it seems that the ones they previously had are no longer available. They do have MVP stainless chrome reproduction bumpers but they don't come with seam covers. Does anyone have experience with this brand bumper? What are the options here, as far as seam covers and trim holes go? I have no experience with bumpers at all and just want to make sure I purchase the right thing. I am going to need brackets as well. Any information about options for euro bumpers and which brands are good, bad or otherwise is appreciated. I have included a photo of my car here in which the nose and front fenders are clamped on (not welded on yet). 

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

IMG-2799.thumb.jpg.b79053f17d5c05f8c023147ed2f78db9.jpgIMG-2800.thumb.jpg.660ff353b3e7d0bf783459c24f30d3f6.jpg

Here's a write-up I did on the MVP Rear Bumper.  All in all, a quality reproduction part.  I installed mine with Bumper Horns, but the OEM seam covers should work fine with the MVP bumpers.

Mark92131

Edited by Mark92131
  • Like 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Just now, johnny02 said:

We're not talking to you until you sweep the leaves out of that garage.  Heavens to Betsy.  

Don’t worry! I promise I cleaned them all out before I closed the door for the day! Working with the garage door open in fall in Michigan means you can’t keep the leaves from coming in. It is a pain but they were already swept out. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jdbaker789 said:

Don’t worry! I promise I cleaned them all out before I closed the door for the day! Working with the garage door open in fall in Michigan means you can’t keep the leaves from coming in. It is a pain but they were already swept out. 

My New England garage does the same thing. I spend as much time sweeping as I do wrenching in the fall.  Good luck with your bumpers!  I went airdam and no bumper in the front, but my US bumper holes are peeking out and I will need to address it but it will have to wait until the spring! 

I can't help you with your bumper question but I'd like to make a suggestion. If you don't plan on using the stock air filter, I suggest deleting the snorkel before you paint it. It's a nice touch and you'll be glad you did. 

scan0010.jpg

scan0016.jpg

IMG-4315.JPG

• Like 1

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

It looks like MVP now offers a nose without the snorkel...

og_image.png
WWW.MVPVINTAGEPARTS.COM

Manufacturer of Vintage Car Parts,MVP,BMW2002,BMW,bmwclassiccars,bmwclassic,bmw2002classic,bmw02club,mvpvintageparts,recreate a legacy

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️