• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Backfires at carburetor, what should I try next?

Devilish_02
Go to solution Solved by Devilish_02,

19 minutes ago, Devilish_02 said:

@zinz reached out and solved the last piece of the puzzle. TDC was 180 off. Valuable newbie lesson. Really appreciate everyone’s help and advice. Pretty amazing. 

IMG_5360.MOV

Um, would you please 'splain how that occurred?

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

8 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Um, would you please 'splain how that occurred?

Devilish,

Como su consejo, le quiero asegurar que no tiene ninguna obligacion a contestar esa pregunta.

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

Just now, 0257 said:

Devilish,

Como su consejo, le quiero asegurar que no tiene ninguna obligacion a contestar esa pregunta.

I thought you retired.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

That’s wonderful Jake, I’m glad you were able to work Thur this and getting it running…

Ray he is retired and now has time to mess with you…no one knows how it became 180 off…

Edited by BarneyT

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

On 11/21/2022 at 7:54 PM, ray_ said:

Ed's a master of technology!

😁

Ed is more than a master, he is a Sensei. Knowing it is one thing, but having the patience to teach someone like me who is just learning is the difference maker. All the guys I've met in the Austin/Central Texas club have been great. 

Anyone interested in keeping 2002s on the road, I can tell you there are millions of guys out there who would benefit but because they don't know where to start and far too often "car guys" can unintentionally (or intentionally) overwhelm a newbie by talking over the new guys head, cars that could be daily drivers are waiting to be saved. There is a huge opportunity to bring more fans of these cars into the fold and give them something they are disparately lacking in their lives. A sense of agency, of craftsmanship, of control, because they can actually fix something in a world were everything is either a computer or built to be trashed when it stops working. 

The opportunity is there and having been to Terry's shop there are the parts! lol 

Jake

Edited by Devilish_02
ADD
  • Like 2

Everybody's wave breaks a little different