• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Inka with upgrades on Craigslist

Reza Taheri

13 hours ago, 02Les said:

By the VIN (2377063) it's a Dec '75 build, so, it should be a 1976 model, not 1975.

If the CA title (Pink Slip) says 1975, you are good to go CA, regardless of the model year.  "Seller" claims smog exempt and if it has 1975 on the title, you won't need to smog it in CA.  At $12.5K asking, might be worth a look, but the $7.5K drop in price would warrant caution.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

1 hour ago, S.Joe said:

Saw the car this morning. Car was well represented in the advertisement. Very little rust except for spare tire well. I also saw the pink slip and it states 75. 

Hey Joe,

As you joined us only an hour ago, tell us about your '02 car history/knowlege.

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Good question. I went with the intention to buy. I have had 3 2002’s and one I fully restored. Many e30s and many e36. This car drove well and I was thinking to leave it as is and enjoy. Spare tire well would need to be addressed. But, as I was looking at the car, I realized I couldn’t leave it as is and would end up tearing down and fully reconditioning. That is just me. At this time of my life, just didn’t want that. Thought I would leave it to another enthusiast. The seller spent a bunch of time and described the car well but until I saw it, I forgot about how anal I can be and how much work it would be to restore.