• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65000,00 dollar mechanical rebuild

6 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

is it just not properly tuned? Having all the right parts is meaningless if ya haven’t spent the time to get them working in concert .

True dat.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

22 hours ago, d.hitchcock said:

Um, my edit suggestion ... because your blanket statement is just not true.

"To illustrate that this specific high performance build is not fun to drive on the street" ...

I’d be curious as to more specifics myself. Not that I’d know or have experience, but I’d guess there’s at least a few here who might?

How big of a cam we talking about?  What size carbs, and what’s the compression ratio?   

• Like 1

It seems like some folks our doubting my facts an experience, I have owned a 2002 since 1977, always had at least one ever since,my current car I had for almost 30 years, I have had my SCCA license for many years, I will always be learning or trying to remember stuff I forgot, my point is folks spend a shit ton of money with out knowing what the end goal is, must of you don’t have race cars, not even close, for the street just have a nice car to drive, I appreciate this forum and the help I get from this community 

No worries mate, I don't think anyone is doubting your experience at all. I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm curious about what kinda' motor 35k buys, and what setup is in it. That's all :) 

If I had a spare 35g... I'd be a hair shy of what it would take to slap a Tesla motor in my 02'. Fabrication and Batteries included.