• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OEM LSD Side Covers wanted for 4 bolt diff case

Rosso Pintura

14 minutes ago, stephers said:

Will the 320i 4 bolt ones work?

Thanks, Rick

No, sadly. All 114/e21 4 bolt open diff covers are the same. It has to be a 4 bolt LSD cover. The open diff carrier is a little wider than the LSD carrier, so the side covers for the LSD are taller and extend into the diff case further.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, artbo said:

Have you checked to see if these are available new? I bought a set not too long ago I think and they weren’t that bad $. Also they were billet rather than cast/machined. 

Yes I have a set coming. I was surprised to find that they are still available by special order from Germany. I think my cost was around $138 each, which wasn't bad at all.

15 hours ago, Jam3422 said:

Do you know if the 2002 LSD bearing covers were always machined billet?  The covers on my 2002 LSD are billet, and I've often wondered if they are original.  

I see the LSD drive flanges are also still available.  Weird, but good.

Prior to the set I bought a few years ago I had never seen these in billet, they were always cast and machined as were the e21’s.

• Like 1