• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wideband O2 sensor options

Pdxguy

I've been using an MTX-L Plus for a few months now after my AEM gauge and sensor died (I think it was the sensor, but did not dig too deep).  It goes through a "heating" cycle for maybe 15-30 seconds when you first start the car which is supposed to be good for... stuff.  I guess I can't speak to its longevity just yet though.  ;)  I'm also using their cool little pocket data logger to try get a handle on my weber 38/38, and to teach my 10yo  about AFRs... and fractions... and analytics... LOL.  

(BTW. Yes, those are brief 22:1 AFRs right off idle.  Aka the off idle stumble is strong in this one right now. )

image.thumb.jpeg.a15485bc3d8506bda7e7793f015b658c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dd7dd9fb7c7130eddd177cf64bf2cbfc.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, Mark92131 said:

The angle of the sensor bung in the exhaust pipe for one.  (needs to have the tip angled down).  

Mark92131

Thanks all for the replies, holidays have delayed me from responding. 

@Mark92131 Trying to understand. Are you saying the bung needs to be welded to the exhaust pipe at an angle rather than perpendicular to the long axis of the pipe, or the top of the pipe (underbody side) vs bottom (road side of the pipe)?

I purchased an exhaust system with bung attached from ACP Headers who took over for Stahl, so guessing it is done correctly but trying to understand the concept. 

Again, thanks all for the replies and happy holidays

Dennis

40 minutes ago, Pdxguy said:

Trying to understand. Are you saying the bung needs to be welded to the exhaust pipe at an angle rather than perpendicular to the long axis of the pipe, or the top of the pipe (underbody side) vs bottom (road side of the pipe)?

Yes, the manufacturers recommend at least a 10 degree angle to prevent condensation build-up on the tip of the sensor which can reduce the life of the OS sensor.  See attached.

Mark92131

O2sensor-data-sheet-2.pdf

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)