• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front left e21 vented rotor caliper

Nashstey

What year is your car?  That doesn't look like the correct caliper unless your car is older and only has 2 pistons per caliper.  For most '02s (I think '68 and later) you want the 4 piston calipers.  Best deal in town is from Rock Auto.  Look for 70s and 80s Volvo 242 front calipers for vented rotors.

Oh, just noticed that you said Neu Klasse.  Not sure about what is needed there.  You can probably ignore what I said above.

Edited by bergie33

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

On 12/21/2022 at 1:24 PM, bergie33 said:

What year is your car?  That doesn't look like the correct caliper unless your car is older and only has 2 pistons per caliper.  For most '02s (I think '68 and later) you want the 4 piston calipers.  Best deal in town is from Rock Auto.  Look for 70s and 80s Volvo 242 front calipers for vented rotors.

Oh, just noticed that you said Neu Klasse.  Not sure about what is needed there.  You can probably ignore what I said above.

Correct they are not correct for 2002 or nk however they work as long as you have e21 hubs, rotors and pads to go along with them. Main advantage is a slightly bigger rotor and also the vented rotor design! I like this setup also because they fit with most 13” steel wheels without needing spacers! 

best, Diego

17 hours ago, Nashstey said:

Correct they are not correct for 2002 or nk however they work as long as you have e21 hubs, rotors and pads to go along with them. Main advantage is a slightly bigger rotor and also the vented rotor design! I like this setup also because they fit with most 13” steel wheels without needing spacers! 

best, Diego

Is your NK a single circuit brake system? 

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I have ONE of those calipers. It is used. I don’t recall if it’s a left or a right. I can check when I get back to Florida next week if you still need it… I also gave 2 Brembo Aluminum calipers that directly replace the Ate calipers like your new one… Let me know if I can help!?  Ernie 

On 1/21/2023 at 2:04 PM, Ernie Bello said:

Hi. I have ONE of those calipers. It is used. I don’t recall if it’s a left or a right. I can check when I get back to Florida next week if you still need it… I also gave 2 Brembo Aluminum calipers that directly replace the Ate calipers like your new one… Let me know if I can help!?  Ernie 

Hi. I an so sorry. I do not have this caliper. I have a caliper for a solid rotor application. Close but No Cigar...   Ernie Bello