• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M20b25 turbo gearbox g260 info

D12typ

Hello again all, I know this has been done plenty of times, just wondering after reading a few threads what the latest recommendations are for fitment? Pics would be great? I appreciate the trans tunnel is often necessary to open up to make matters easier

proposed setup is m20 turbo with g260 

thanks in advance 

...and the 260, while notyet nowheres nearlys as rares as the 245 nowadays, is starting to 

become a bit hard to find.  Me, doing something like this, would go either

to a 6 speed out of a 3 liter  E46, or to a Muncie rock crusher out of a Cam-Ay-Row.  (or corvette)

Since you're in for custom sheet metal and driveshaft either way,  the 6 speed's really tough,

and the Muncie SOUNDS really tough!

Advantages to the 6 speed are an overdrive 6th, quiet, and, well, better ratios.

And more of them.  And jeeze, they're not that expensive.  Yet.

Actually, I might use a T5, but that would be for sentimental reasons.

A T56 would be far better.

t

no half- measures here.

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I’ve been doing a lot more research and should have mentioned I’m across the pond with a RHD here in the UK. I have an e30 m20 turbo and a spare setup so thought it’d be ideal for the 1602 but from what I’ve researched I’m in for a lot of painful fabrication work with steering boxes and other issue for the downpipe etc. 

The g260 here in the uk I can get easily due to the e30 scene, contemplating an m44 turbo route just seems a shame to change plans 

decisions decisions 

Ah, yeah, if you have the E30 stuff, that's a good reason to do it.

Normally, I say a rack conversion's a bad idea, but to get room for the turbo,

it might help... I guess it's a matter of picking the battles you want to fight

as to which problems are going to be harder to solve.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL