• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talk me off the ledge ****INSTALLED****

conkitchen

On 1/7/2023 at 3:05 PM, John76 said:

Yes, it does...especially when the doctor is picking splinters out of your face after a crash. 💀 

and when after an hour drive your hands are numb from the vibration and cold, slippery, hard feel of a wooden wheel.  i confess to liking a bit of wood trim in a car, but after driving a 2002 for a week with a wood steering wheel....no thanks.

2xM3

Did some quick diggin. Found out from WN: 45 mm, 58mm, 70 mm,  82 mm. Dunno if there is others.

I’d like to get a set with old motorsport motif that fit my aftermarket wheel caps…

… but this is a thread hijack.

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

3 hours ago, tzei said:

Did some quick diggin. Found out from WN: 45 mm, 58mm, 70 mm,  82 mm. Dunno if there is others.

I’d like to get a set with old motorsport motif that fit my aftermarket wheel caps…

… but this is a thread hijack.

Kinda have my eye on this ditty from ebay. It's metal with enamel so kind looks vintage-ish Plus it's less than 1" in diameter.  

BMW Logo Round Emblem 21mm; 51 14 2 308 800 / BMW-Roundel800 - Picture 1 of 1
BMW Logo Round Emblem 21mm; 51 14 2 308 800 / BMW-Roundel800

US $20.02

But what do I know

9?imp=2046301&trknvp=cp%3D2047675%26ghi%

• Like 1

But what do I know

On 1/7/2023 at 4:20 PM, conkitchen said:

why worry about the people, we can always make more. 

In China, if you are one in a million, there are a thousand people like you.....

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

• conkitchen changed the title to Talk me off the ledge ****INSTALLED****

So there I was, staring into abyss of stuff I have laying around. I found a vintage roundel. You know the ones with the clear rubber coating. Perfect.  

Had to hook up a ground wire for the horn button and did a slight refinishing of the aloomineeum horn cover ring. The China finish was a wee bit stupid so I chucked it up in the lathe and spun sanded/polished it. 

Have to say, I like it except the wood wheel is really smooth and hard.  

but what do I know-(how many is that now Ryan?) 

IMG_7015.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

But what do I know

On 1/7/2023 at 3:11 PM, 2002iii said:

Your steering wheel is a safety item, you don't want it coming apart while your driving.

I once had one of the spokes break where we unwisely had drilled an hole in it to mount the radio button in the middle of a turn during a ChumpCar race.  Fortunately, the two remaining spokes were enough to keep it functional, but boy was that thing FLOPPY! So yeah not exactly something I would recommend experiencing if avoidable!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1