• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locate rusty 02 drive article

Markwemple
Go to solution Solved by hellayego,

• Solution

I think you’re talking about a piece by Sam Smith from last year about his 72 tii. He did it for the Hagerty print mag, originally. It was a memorable story. That issue hung around in my garage bathroom for the rest of ‘22, just threw it out. 

Sam-Smith-BMW-Weissrat-25-1024x683.jpg
WWW.HAGERTY.COM

Both of the 2002's left and right rockers had rusted to nothing. The rear subframe mounts were...

• Like 2

1965 Hillman Imp - Rosemarie

1969 BMW 2002 - Dolores

1975 BMW 2002 - Rolf

1984 BMW 533i Swap - Alfons

Much longer but equally entertaining is Rob Siegel's book "Ran When Parked" about his adventures of resurrecting a barn find tii in KY and then driving it home to Massachusetts...

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

5 hours ago, bavariaboy said:

Hoping to see photos of your $700.00 purchase soon.

Steve

Have to make arrangements to get it up here. Trying to move a car or 2 on first. Selling my 89 900 turbo and mt 95 S2 Avant.  It'd be nice if they found new homes soon as I'm thinking the 02 will take up more than 1 parking spot. Lol