• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1602 2 piece dash leather dash troubles ...

Skeeters

I'm getting close to finishing my 1602. So close it hurts. My original dash was crap and I made it worse in my attempts to turn back the clock. Dash wrap was to much money so I decided to send off for a leather dash cover from overseas. An older retired barber/upholstery guy installed it reluctantly. "Ain't gonna work Skeeters" He was correct. Everything regarding the positioning of the instrument panel, switches, glove box or related is off by even by my crude standards.

Ted Gourley 009.jpg

Agreed...Leather dash cover ordered from England. No instructions. No returns. I am out of my league here on how to fix this correctly, if indeed it can be done. Nothing fits! Glove box, instrument panel, air vents, switches bla bla bla Leather seems to pulling up okay with small heat gun help.

Today I stopped the whole dash project, set it aside . Looking for clues. Skeeters

Feb 8 23 BMW 001.jpg

Feb 8 23 BMW 002.jpg

Feb 8 23 BMW 003.jpg

Feb 2023 007.jpg

Feb 2023 008.jpg