• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Window Regulator Springs

goofycarp

Please do, and report back. I was lucky that when I had 4 regulators cleaned and plated that I at least had 2 good springs. I'm looking to buy 2 more springs so I have fully working backup regulators, but since they are only backups, it isn't on the top of my list. 

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

Hey Karl,

Here's what I found regarding the Chevy window spring: it is thicker and taller in profile than the '02 one and the "catch-hook" stands too far away from where it needs to line up on the regulator body. I suppose one could cut and bend but...In my searching I did see that some similarly aged Mercedes & Porsches, including the 356, appear to have similar springs but they're like $50 apiece...here are a couple of photos for comparison, the Chevy one is too thick to even slot into the post.

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

Oh, bummer. It's so difficult to tell from the pics on eBay and Amazon. I hope you are able to return those. I made the same mistake when trying to find the cylindrical spring behind the door panel for the door handle. The GM springs looked right, but when they arrived they were way too big. I was able to return them. 

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive