• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wtb Swan neck mirror passenger side

rrost

The swan's neck mirrors are not handed, unlike the trapezoid and flag mirrors. But, I believe there were, say, three slightly-different versions (manufacturers) of the swan's neck mirrors, so that is an added complication if you need both sides to be a perfect match! My guess is that few people can evaluate both mirrors at one time... 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Yep, Steve's correct about three different mirror manufacturers supplied those swan neck mirrors.  Two are virtually identical except for the maker's brand; the third has a plastic retainer surrounding the glass.  The other two have the glass crimped directly into the mirror frame. 

In addition, there are two different types:  one for NK sedans and very early 1600s that are attached to the door with a stud at the front end of the bracket and a screw at the back end.  These are meant for mounting on the very front edge of the door, with the stud passing through the door and into the overhang at the very front edge of the door.   Later cars--68 and 69--have the mirrors mounted further back on the door and are attached by two machine screws fastened to captive nuts in the door.

BTW, if you find a swan neck with broken or un-silvered glass, or needs plating, I did a column on how to dismantle, replace the glass and reassemble.  PM me if you'd like a copy.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

one more data point ... a swan neck mounted on the passenger-side will NOT provide any functional benefit

it is a great hole-filler ... if ... for example ... your previous owner did not fill the PS holes when they repainted!!!!

but the adjustment on the ball-and-socket is not sufficient to allow the driver to see anything of value

if you have a passenger ... you can ask them to look at the mirror to check ... 

but that's about it

PS_BS_SWANNECK_2.thumb.jpeg.1a1ecac46068f7f73ab35a704d8e17e7.jpegPS_BS_SWANNECK.thumb.jpeg.1dc1fa9fa1a73b6e434d45fd09797e7e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1970 1600-2 VERONA conversion at Moment Motors