• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB '75 radio antenna.

HFitz

The shape of the base is mostly about the manufacturer and less about the year. Bosch and Hirschman are round, but Motorola (seen early, then disappearing), Harada, and whatever was on my ‘76 (it was Japanese) are… not round. Antennas were installed by the dealer, the local radio shop, the owner — and not always when the cars were new.

I asked my dealer to install an antenna — I was installing the original (first?) Becker Europa — and he installed the antenna shown in the first two photos below, taken April 1977. It worked and looked fine. Later, when I became aware that a Bosch or Hirschmann was more common, I went to switch over. But…  if I wanted to use the original A pillar lower mounting hole, the added height of the Hirschmann lower mount actually blocked the hood from opening. I didn’t feel like welding shut the old hole and re-painting, so I re-installed my original antenna. When I had the car re-painted 2015-18, we welded the original hole shut and installed a new Hirschmann — or is it a Bosch (third photo).

So if you like your original and want to duplicate it, you might want to post a photo.

Regards,

Steve

5AE4DA9A-6BFF-435D-973F-524EF409F04B.jpeg

0932B3AC-E1B2-448F-BC64-456AA0F908CA.jpeg

80448118-DE0E-411D-91D3-7E8C33E40CD6.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks.

There’s a recent thread about Harada antennas. More than a few of those went on ‘02’s. Maybe you can find that thread and see if that’s what you had on your car.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)