• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Drivers right side seat hinge

JuneAudio

I need an original seat hinge, specifically for the drivers seat right side for my 2002.   The outer gear in mine is all chewed up so it won't lock correctly.   I would be willing to pay for the whole seat but really just need that hinge.  If you have a chrome set for both front seats I would be interested in buying all 4.

You don’t reference what year your seats are. Recliners (i.e., hinges for the fully-reclining seats) did change over time.

From the introduction of the reclining front seats with the new 2002 in very early 1968 into the last half of the 1969 calendar year, the recliners were chromed and designed for the early “wide-backrest” seats.

Then the wide-backrest seats were replaced by the more common “not-so-wide” backrest seats, and some changes were made to the recliners. From that time in the last half of the 1969 calendar year through August 1974, the recliners were the same dimensionally and functionally. The only difference during that 5-year period was the finish on the recliners.

U.S. tii’s used chromed recliners through the end of the 1972 model year (August 1972), switching to black splatter-painted recliners with the 1973 model year. But other U.S.-spec cars started the switchover from chrome during the 1972, possibly even the 1971, model year (Euro-spec cars switched from chrome to black splatter-paint earlier than U.S.-spec cars). 1972 model U.S. 2002’s seem to be a mixed bag with respect to recliner finish.

In September 1974, seats changed again, with 2002’s getting the newly-designed e21 seats. Recliners were no longer “all-metal”. They were, through the end of ‘02 production, steel with plastic covers.

Since you’re interested in chromed recliners only as a set, perhaps you have the 1971-ish through 1974 black-splatter recliners presently.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)