• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How's this for a BaT Unicorn?

Leucadian

Bidding stalled a bit but one hour to go so we'll see what happens. Seller is really not selling hard. I get the feeling they don't know much about the car.

The older pictures Mark has of the car show it to be in nice shape-- but it was painted since then in Italy? Why? That's the biggest question mark for me. Oh, and the details of the engine rebuild. Stickers and interior can be made right relatively easily.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mccusername said:

Bidding stalled a bit but one hour to go so we'll see what happens. Seller is really not selling hard. I get the feeling they don't know much about the car.

Bidding appears to have unstalled itself...

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

Didn't see that coming at all.  Not a fan really of what was done to that car, I don't think it needed it.  Not highly optioned from Alpina either based on the build sheets I have.  I feel pretty good about what the potential value of my 1/1 Alpina Gr. 2 car is at this point (it's an apple and an orange of course, but still).

• Like 3

I suspect some more money will be put into it to make it right. Stripes are easy to remove, hopefully the paint job was at least decent. Put the interior in another car or sell it off. I've got some Lux interior parts but I've never seen them for sale in white-- I'd work really hard to track those down.

I bet we see this car re-merge looking really, really good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mccusername said:

I suspect some more money will be put into it to make it right. Stripes are easy to remove, hopefully the paint job was at least decent. Put the interior in another car or sell it off. I've got some Lux interior parts but I've never seen them for sale in white-- I'd work really hard to track those down.

I bet we see this car re-merge looking really, really good.

That would certainly make the car more special and attractive in my opinion. 

It’s hard for me to wrap my head around that $ for a 2002 but if folks are buying stock Tii for 100k then I guess it makes sense ?!?!

• Like 3