• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: M2 conversion manual (Aardvarc document)

oz_tom

4 hours ago, wegweiser said:

You're going to have a good time once you find out what timing chain tensioners and guides (essential wear items) cost on an S14. 

And if those 2 little orings are overlooked, he won't be a happy camper.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

17 hours ago, wegweiser said:

You're going to have a good time once you find out what timing chain tensioners and guides (essential wear items) cost on an S14. 

The joys of S14s! Yep, plenty of it's gone NLA too. Even S50 tensioners are on the up...

13 hours ago, jimk said:

And if those 2 little orings are overlooked, he won't be a happy camper.

Glad you're here to help Jim!

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

On 3/16/2023 at 3:08 AM, oz_tom said:

Hi All,

Does anyone have the m2 swap manual hanging about after completing their conversion?
I'm about to undertake it so would appreciate a steer!
Many thanks

Tom

It'll be cheaper to buy someone's completed car 

No, not mine.

😁

Hi Tom!

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

5 hours ago, ray_ said:

It'll be cheaper to buy someone's completed car 

No, not mine.

😁

Hi Tom!

Ray! You better be still tearing it up in that silly white car! You were the one who sowed the seed all those years ago.

This conversion will be done to my first car (the black one) - one of those 'i'll be buried in it' cars. There are only about 3 M2s down under at the moment and one just got torn apart - but there are 3 more being built now (that I know of). 

3 hours ago, jgerock said:

Lots of super detailed info already on Marshall’s M2 build thread.  @M3M3M3

Thanks Jim! I've been having a good explore through the archives and came across Marshall's build. Awesome stuff.

Hopefully i'll be able to track down some info on the RHD market issues - mainly steering / exhaust area space. 

Also, love your superlites! I've just sent a set to @SydneyTii - going to look great.

5 hours ago, jimk said:

Anytime

Thanks Jim - appreciate your help. I can see you've jumped into lots of M2 threads over the years!

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

1 hour ago, SydneyTii said:

Yeah super excited Tom, I’m such a child😂 Jim’s car was good inspiration! And the white Tii on here called Hugo as well😜

Oh I remember that car well!! I also had a soft spot for it. John Wesse (spelling?) was the owner if i cast my mind back to the mid 2000s!!? Hope i've got that right... (maybe he's changed board name / handle)
I imagine yours are only just around the corner now mate - post some shots when they're mounted so i can live vicariously... :D

• Like 1

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky