• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Checking out a Seller

bavariaboy

29 minutes ago, bavariaboy said:

I had my suspicions withe the borrowed BaT photos and copy, but I knew the people on this wonderful site would save me. Now if you could only save others.

Thanks, thanks,

Steve

That is one of the greatest strengths of this site.   The acutely tuned BS detector.  :) 

• Like 2

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

2 hours ago, Dudeland said:

As a kicker, there is evidence that the address has been used to mask ransomware sites. 

Eeesh. Sounds like it might be more organized than a single scammer bilking car people over the internet. 

Grift cars. 

Edited by popovm

Same car. 100% scam.

ia_10021-21.jpg
GRITCARS.COM

This 1974 BMW 2002 is powered by a fuel-injected 2.0-liter inline-four paired with a four-speed manual transmission and is finished in silver over gray and blue upholstery. Acquired by the seller in 2001, the car has been modified with an engine from a 1973 2002tii, an Ireland...
Edited by MarcD

11 hours ago, bavariaboy said:

I am looking at a car on a site named GritCar. A broker based in Ohio. They are prompt and professional, say they have sold hundreds of cars in various transactions. But I can't seem to find anything on the good old WWW about them except one review will reveals little. Has anyone heard of them, dealt with them(I doubt it) or know anything about them?

The price includes taxes and fees and free shipping. And a seven day money back guarantee if you return the car within seven days of the delivery date to you. It is unclear if the buyer has to have the return in place within seven days or simply a reservation to return. 

The car is in CA, I am in PA. Expensive to ship here. Help.

I would tread carefully. I checked 2 of the 2002s and 2 of the 2002tiis on my spreadsheet.

All 4 were on Bring-a-Trailer either in 2021 or 2022 and the pictures shown come from the BAT auctions.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

It seems to me it is more than a cut of a few deals. The Pastel Bavaria sold on BaT for      .  The photos and copy, lifted from BaT appear on Grit Car.  I have exchanged emails with "Mario", he has sent more photos and more copy(both from the BaT ad fo course). Even set up a March 21 date for a friend of mine to do a PPI.

They cover taxes and fees and offer free shipping anywhere with free return within seven days of delivery.

Seems to me they don't want a cut of a few deals, they want my money!

Read the research others have done above. Scam pure and simple.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 8:45 PM, bavariaboy said:

It seems to me it is more than a cut of a few deals. The Pastel Bavaria sold on BaT for      .  The photos and copy, lifted from BaT appear on Grit Car.  I have exchanged emails with "Mario", he has sent more photos and more copy(both from the BaT ad fo course). Even set up a March 21 date for a friend of mine to do a PPI.

They cover taxes and fees and offer free shipping anywhere with free return within seven days of delivery.

Seems to me they don't want a cut of a few deals, they want my money!

Read the research others have done above. Scam pure and simple.

This is a very straightforward DCMA takedown procedure for BaT, as soon as you locate the Internet Service Provider.  The site would be taken down tomorrow.  Blatant copyright infringement.