• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: driveshaft for Getrag 235/5

JohnP_02

The reality is, the chances of someone having a 235/245 C/R driveshaft just laying around is around nil.

Just take a regular four speed shaft and have it shortened and joints replaced. Sourcing an original one if you can find one, will probably have lived a hard life (235s weren't babied). It will need to be serviced, and the time/cost won't make financial sense compared to getting one "made".

• Thanks 1

Most places won't even touch a BMW driveshaft anymore. Just get your measurements and order one online. There are several places with good referrals here. Try searching, I'm sure you will find a couple places to call. 

• Thanks 1

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

4 hours ago, tech71 said:

A possibility at WN

26111103376.jpg
WWW.WALLOTHNESCH.COM

Prop shaft 5- speed gearbox incl. center bearing and coupling, a= 560 mm, b= 956 mm, you need 1 for 1 car

Interesting.  Never thought to check WN.  Those measurements seem to match what I would expect for a 245 5-speed conversion.  Looks like you would need a 4 bolt flange for the tranny though, and you get the 8 bolt giubo.

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

2 hours ago, bergie33 said:

Looks like you would need a 4 bolt flange for the tranny though, and you get the 8 bolt giubo.

Maybe not...  Pretty sure 235/5 transmissions  have a four bolt flange as well as early 245/5s

@JohnP_02 is your trans 4 or 3 bolt flange?

IE offers a shortening/rebuild service for around $600 + shipping.

At least with them you can be relatively certain that its not the first one their "guy" has done.

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris