• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd brakelight and best wood shift knob

3 hours ago, Green Mountain Agave said:

I've had the opportunity to buy several lathes recently but couldn't think what I'd actually use them for. I need to rethink this! 

On a trip to Hawaii several years ago I brought back some chunks of native Koa wood, turned it on a lathe and made some nifty shift knobs for my '02s.  They're shaped like the factory OEM wood knobs for 2000CS coupes, and accessories for 2002s).

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 4/21/2023 at 9:59 PM, 7502 said:

I like my 3rd brake light purchased from member @halboyles it also has circuity to add a flashing sequence.  Not cheap, but it's well made and has kept me safe. Today drove 170 miles on the crowded I-5 in stop and go traffic and luckily no one rear ended me.

Mine fell off first time I parked the car in full sun on a relatively hot day , the pre installed adhesive separated from the housing (not the glass) Pretty annoying, it's laying in the back of my car now.

Have to crawl back there and scrape off the still firmly attached adhesive from my back glass before any attempt to remount. Again, pretty darn annoying.

I live in Oregon, not that hot, shouldn't have happened.

IMG_4062.JPG

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

I drilled a hole in an 8- ball...

...but that was back before you could get the skulls with light- up red eyes.

t

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

3 hours ago, TobyB said:

I drilled a hole in an 8- ball...

...but that was back before you could get the skulls with light- up red eyes.

t

My dad used to have a old glass door knob on his truck for years, got lots of questions and complements. He only took it off because it started to come apart and rattle.

Installed one of Hal’s 3rd brake light last week with the help of Barney.  Barney had luck modifying one so that it sat lower in the rear window and was mounted on the tray.  I didn’t snap a pic of it lit up but will.  I add the pic when I do.  Here’s a few pics that I did take.  Big “thank you” to @BarneyT !! 

IMG_4080.jpeg

IMG_4081.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

IMG_4084 Copy.jpeg

• Like 3

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968