• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 5 x 13 steel rim

James Stein

10 hours ago, NYNick said:

Think I have 10. I'll sell you 5. PM me an offer.

Nick,

I believe James is looking for a round taillight rim (designed for a full wheel cover), not a square taillight rim (styled steel, takes only a center cap). And I’m guessing your 5” rims are square taillight rims (styled steel). I could be wrong!

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

8 hours ago, eurotrash said:

I have a ‘69 date coded wheel. I’ll try and check the width. How are you measuring? Or are yours stamped 5”?

The factory steel rims are all stamped with their nominal size — 4 1/2” x 13” or 5” x 13”. A nominal 4 1/2” rim is approximately 5 1/2” wide and a nominal 5” rim is approximately 6” wide overall.

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Steve and James,

The rims you see in the picture are 5 properly date coded rims for my 74 tii (in original condition-won't sell these) and 5 rims I painted. I am unsure of the painted rim date codes as I am not with the car at the moment but will be there Wednesday.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

Nick,

I forget the dates of James’ ti, but it is certainly between October 1968 through April 1971, the 2002ti production era. The rim he’s looking for looks like the rim below. It accepts the full wheel covers used before the square taillight cars.

Your rims are the later “styled steel” design, so-called because they replaced wheel covers with a more decorative or “styled” rim design — those 8

slots.

Best,

Steve

IMG_0497.jpeg

• Like 2

James, if you strike out on finding a 5" roundie (i.e. not slotted) rim, Opel used exactly the same rim on their station wagons of the same vintage--made by Lemmetz.  All you need to do is take some JB weld and fill in the Opel logo, sand down and paint.  The logo's under the wheel cover anyway, so no one will notice.

I ran those wheels for many years--before tii's came to the US--to get the extra width and they worked--and looked--just fine.  Bet there's an Opel message board on the internet where you might find some...

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

1 hour ago, James Stein said:

Thank you Nick, Mike and Concerv. Again I apologize for posting in the wrong discussion forum. Yes Conserv that picture is the early style  I am looking for. My 71 2002 ti has the wheels stamped 5jx13. I will look into the Opel option if that is the only option. 

CCD0FA24-1A7A-4D4F-8D18-4E22CD7FA5D6.jpeg

James,

The ti and round taillight tii’s shared the 5” rims; only the dates are different. The one I showed above was, indeed, a tii rim. If you don’t need a precise date, there are far more tii rims in the U.S. than ti rims — identical but for date.

A lone tii rim just sold here last week.

Regards,

Steve