• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Connector wiring !!!

Go to solution Solved by John76,

I was under my hood looking at re-wiring my diagnostic port when I noticed a 5-wire connector with OLD electrical tape around each wire!  I pulled the old tape off to find some rather poor solder joints that were wrapped with electrical tape in an attempt to insulate them.

I'll be cutting out the bad solder joints and trying to do a better repair (just wish I had a box of BMW wires so I could match the originals).

I'm curious as to what this connects?  Anyone want to chime in?

IMG_4738.JPG

S/N 2579886 Inka (Code 022) Birthday 03 Dec 1971 Delivered 13 Dec 1971 to Hoffman Motors 40 DCOE's, 9.5CR, 123 Ignition 

#792890.Smaller.jpg

12 hours ago, Healey3000 said:

Are those crimp terminals available? This cries out for a longish length of replacement wire!

That would make a much cleaner repair...I'll look into that, thanks for the idea.

I was thinking I'd need 2 splices in each wire to fix/add some length, but if I can replace the pins, I'd only need one :) 

Edited by Steve76063

S/N 2579886 Inka (Code 022) Birthday 03 Dec 1971 Delivered 13 Dec 1971 to Hoffman Motors 40 DCOE's, 9.5CR, 123 Ignition 

#792890.Smaller.jpg