• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Stock Seats for 73

mikeski

And if you’re considering replacement seat covers (e.g., GAHH or World Upholstery), current color is clearly a moot point. All the non- vinyl components (recliners, seat-back release and its escutcheon) are the same.

Early 1973 (pre-late-January 1973) would have black splatter-painted recliners and the tubular headrests with 10 mm. supports. Euro models seemed to be transitioning from chrome recliners to black splatter-painted recliners in the 1971 model year. U.S.-spec cars seemed to have their changeover during the 1972 model year.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hi @Conserv!  Thanks so much for the advice and the info.  I have enjoyed reading and learning from your previous posts about seats which led me to the 10mm post/tubular headrest combo.  My 73 automatic VIN places it within the first 40 off the line, so my best guess is the setup you described is what I am after!  It had some later seats in it when I got it.

Anyone out there with a nice set as described above, feel free to reach out!  THANKS!

• Like 1