• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 2002 license plate lights needed

vroom

First, thanks to all.  I've rec'd lots of positive support/help here in the resurrection of my '76 2002.  Most recently, bought a Getrag 245 5-speed (Rob Clark - rstclark), and a conversion kit (Dave Varco, Aardvark Racing), the installation went well, and my fun little bimmer is a TRANSFORMED driver!!  Looking for a set of original license plate lights or, since the brackets/bulbs are working, just a set of "covers" would be fine for the sake of originality and protection from the elements.  Cosmetic condition not an issue - my car is a driver not a concours queen.  Thanks, Rick in Pinedale, AZ

The two on the outside look matched.  The one in the center looks smaller.  Not sure which ones match the dimensions of the rubber base gaskets on my car?  If the larger ones (two outside) match my gaskets, that's really all I need, depending on price.  How much?  Thanks for your time and providing the pix.  Later, Rick

On 6/15/2023 at 4:23 PM, vroom said:

The pix are for bergie33 (I tried but not sure about attachment)  .  .  .  thought no one would ever ask.  Rattle can lids offering new perspective to the "30-footer" ploy, or exemplifying the old saying "necessity is the mother of invention."  Straw hat judges with suits and clipboards might cringe.  

DSC00267.JPG

DSC00268.JPG

THAT.... IS.... SAWEEEEEET!!! 

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive