• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emissions Diagram Sticker on a Tii?

bergie33

There was another recent post about problems with a 1974 Tii and I noticed it had a emission sticker which seemed odd to me.  Maybe the sticker application guy at the end of the assembly line just didn't know the difference between the two models.

Mark92131

• Like 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

What Mark said^. And there are more than a few tii’s with tuning specs for the carbed cars, and vice versa. I’m guessing that “sticker placement” was not a high-valued function and labor assignment was handled accordingly… 🙄

If I were ever re-painting that area, the sticker would not return. But that’s me!

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 6/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, bergie33 said:

Why is there an emissions diagram sticker on my Tii? 

Does your car have a snorkel?

Maybe any car on the assembly line with a snorkel got the carb emission sticker.

Or....perhaps the car was built right after Octoberfest ☹️

6 hours ago, bergie33 said:

, then it probably doesn't have to be October for there to be an excess of beer involved. 

Having worked for a German/Bavarian company, I can confirm that beer was viewed as "food" and was available in the cafeteria and on-site vending machines. I was told in 1990s it was still common for machine operators to have a bottle of beer with them on production floor. I am not suggesting they were drinking excessively...just lubricating a boring job.

• Like 1

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

12 minutes ago, dlacey said:

Having worked for a German/Bavarian company, I can confirm that beer was viewed as "food" and was available in the cafeteria and on-site vending machines. I was told in 1990s it was still common for machine operators to have a bottle of beer with them on production floor. I am not suggesting they were drinking excessively...just lubricating a boring job.

When I lived in West Germany, there were beer vending machines at the Autobahn rest stops.  Back then, in Texas there was no open-container law.  You could confidently drive around in your pickemup truck with a Lone Star in hand so long as you were not.actually.inebriated. To say nothing of a fully laden gun rack.  Needless to say, I felt a kinship.

• Like 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000