• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - Vintage BMW Literature, Newsletters, Catalogs, etc

hellayego

Do you have any BMW literature, newsletters or early parts catalogs from the 60s, 70s, 80s? 

As a younger person who got interested in our cars in the past decade, I am interested in collecting memorabilia and artifacts from previous generations of vintage BMW owners who kept our hobby going when it wasn't fashionable and hipster to do so... Particularly interested in regionally produced material from car clubs. 

• Driving Light Buckeye Chapter Newsletter - I have a few issues from '78 of "Driving Light" from the Ohio region, I would love to see issues from other years if anyone is willing to part with them. 
  • Die Flüsternde Bombe - Looking for early issues of Die Flüsternde Bombe from the Golden Gate chapter back in the day
  • 02 Register Newsletter - I have a handful of 02 Register Newsletter from the UK from 1994, very cool publication. Put out by Mike McCartney seems like...
  • Roundel - Looking for full sets of 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 issues of Roundel magazine... if you have partial collections, also interested.

What else am I missing? Where else had a thriving BMW DIY scene or car club that published materials? San Diego, Los Angeles, Central Coast, Pacific Northwest, Down South? Were there car clubs in Germany?

If you have any materials or information that may relate to the above, please send a DM. If you are just knowledgeable about the subject of early BMW car clubs and printed material, please also reach out! 

TIA

Yego 

zines.jpg

1965 Hillman Imp - Rosemarie

1969 BMW 2002 - Dolores

1975 BMW 2002 - Rolf

1984 BMW 533i Swap - Alfons

I've got some old sales brochures (2002, 1600, Bavaria) that I might unload. These are all originals and are in superb condition.

shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I have.

zenwrenchpaul@gmail.com

cheers!

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

2 hours ago, shermanmartinez said:

"Fashionable or hipster to do so" LOL     We did it because we loved driving as well as working and modifying the cars.  We aren't followers or thought about buying a 2002 as an investment. 

Exactly my point! 

I’m enamored with that DIY spirit and the community that kept things going when 2002s were simply older used cars that were loved by enthusiasts across the country. 

Sherman, if you are willing to share any of your experiences, I’d love to hear from you. Especially if you were based in California! 

1965 Hillman Imp - Rosemarie

1969 BMW 2002 - Dolores

1975 BMW 2002 - Rolf

1984 BMW 533i Swap - Alfons