• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for anti-dieseling solenoid?

Daily02
Go to solution Solved by John76,

hmmm, mine is a hot lead that is controlled by the ignition switch. Single wire, red. And (working from memory here) I think it also is part of the wiring harness that also has the oil pressure sender connection. Some one here can correct me, and post a picture !

Perhaps something along the top line here below, change over relay ? 

image.thumb.jpeg.d975a213985b174fe1a5fa4d8f13a023.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6f4fe262fbed52b7f8fb8782f4ed88e3.jpeg

The trick is finding an idle solenoid that will fit your Weber.  Apparently there are two different threads used on the Weber idle jet holders, and the one on the left--from my 32/36 Weber is quite different from the one I sourced from Pierce  (on the right)...and they don't have the one I need...

Anyone know where I can get the left side one?

mike

Weber idle jet solenoids 2.JPG

• Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

16 minutes ago, Daily02 said:

Mine is the one on the right as you got from Pierce Manifolds. I would like to replace it with a jet for testing. Any idea of the name and the part number for the jet?

Here is the jet holder you can use to eliminate the solenoid.  This holder uses the same size jets as the solenoid.  (I learned about this the hard way, ordering a small size jet for my solenoid).

Pegasus has them too.

WWW.PEGASUSAUTORACING.COM

Come check out our Primary Idle Jet Holder for Weber 32/36 DGAV, Large Size at Pegasus Auto Racing.