• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy introduction and where to find body panels

Trey

Just now, popovm said:

How well do you know this seller? Just wondering if you should trust him as far as, further, or shorter than you can throw him. 😄  So far (Newer nose on a '71 and claiming it's a Lux) he's not doing so hot! Trust but verify. That 5 speed may or may not be good, engine may or may not be seized, numbers matching, from a 1600, etc etc.. None of that is insurmountable, but it would affect the price. 

I know him and don’t distrust him. 

I don’t want to bail out on the deal. I’ve wanted one for a while but this one needs work, which is fine, but I’m realizing it needs more than originally thought. The engine isn’t seized. It’s $3500

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 9:31 PM, Trey said:

I’ll post pictures later, and I’ll email the vin, but here it is. 

The seller said the front was changed to make it look newer. I’m not sure when that happened. 

VIN 2574805

Probably built in early June 1971. It’s a U.S. 1971 model year car. In BMW AG parlance, it’s a Modell 71 because it post-dates the April 1971 introduction of the Modell 71 upgrade — 12-fuse fuseholder, bumpers with rub strips, knee trim, long console, black faces on the instruments, etc.

As Mike pointed out previously, looks to be a factory Granada (red) car. Originally it would have had a Black all-vinyl interior.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)