• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color tune

ketchup

• 2 weeks later...

what linkage are you using, the factory style with the balance  adjustment between the carbs is the only way to go?  do you have a unison to ck air flow? are all idle screws the same turns out 1 1/2 - 2 turns max?  what are the carb types? and what is the jet and choke size ? what is the cam shaft ?  if you know these  post them , if you dont  you need to find some one that as experience with side draft carbs, its a gray hair guy like me that has been doing it a looong time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m-tuner said:

what linkage are you using, the factory style with the balance  adjustment between the carbs is the only way to go?  do you have a unison to ck air flow? are all idle screws the same turns out 1 1/2 - 2 turns max?  what are the carb types? and what is the jet and choke size ? what is the cam shaft ?  if you know these  post them , if you dont  you need to find some one that as experience with side draft carbs, its a gray hair guy like me that has been doing it a looong time

Thanks for this response and thanks to others who have posted color tunes available to borrow. I will try to answer these questions the best I can:

i'm using the 2002s only linkage. It is excellent.

These are pre-emission Dellorto 40mm carbs. As such, there is no balance adjustment between the barrels. Making things extremely difficult.

The choke size are currently 30 mm

The idle Jets are currently 52

the main jets are 155

The camshaft is a 288

The engine is freshly rebuilt. It was running great with a single weber downdraft.

While these carbs are freshly rebuilt, it's always possible there is a butterfly misalignment issue or a twisted spindle or some thing like that. It's just quite difficult to continue pulling the carbs off of the car, ordering parts from Italy, yada yada. I'm actually starting to lean towards fuel injection, so if these things don't get figured out soon, then they may be for sale 😬😬😬😬

having pulled the spark plug several times during attempted tuning's, the back carb appears to be running very well. However, the front carb is running extremely rich, particularly on cylinder two. I'm just wondering if there isn't an issue with that butterfly not covering the progression hole? At any rate, a later model Dellorto with a barrel adjustment screw would probably allow me to tune things out like that. Or at least mitigate 

start with a leak-down of the cylinders dont guess, know,  all side draft carbs have a single shaft and two butter flys ther is no way the butter flys  are out of sink,the linkage to join the two carbs  at the middle either has to be made  or bought, this is how they are sinked to work  one  even opening  of all butter flys,  cylinder #2 has the vacume source for the brake booster ? did you ck it for a vacume leak?  jetting   155 main  maybe 145 better    air correction jet ?  pump jet ?    do you have a weber dcoe tuning book, ? you need one  ,  mine is 45 years old with  correct tuning  jet size for every engine i have built, in the last 50 years, if you are having trouble with carbs your  not goin to do better with injection unless its a self tuning system