• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Defrost Lever Bowden Cables

Rich

Hi All, on my 72, so on the left side are the two levers for the heat  and defrost , top,  and on the right side is the one lever for the temp, bottom. Well, I am not sure how this happened, but my defrost / heat controls are reversed. Meaning, when I put the defrost on , the warm air comes out of the bottom vent, and when I turn the heat lever on, the warm air comes out of the top. So some where along my cars history, the bowden cables must have been reversed. So now for many years I just said, no big deal, at least they still work, and I know that the defrost means heat and the heat means defrost,well, this week it finally got to me. As I was under the dash poking around with something else, I decided that today is the day, so I tore into it. I popped off the face place, undid the two small screws, and bingo, the control levers are now dangeling there exposed. So my question is, ( yes finally getting to the point, but I like a good story ) I need to switch, or reverse the two bowden cables. How do I get the little tight circle ends of the boden cables off of the little nubs / posts of the heat / defrost levers so I can put them back onto the correct lever. Thank you, Richard

The circular ends of the bowden cables are just press fit on the nubs.  You can pry them off using a little screw driver.  The ends are sort of like little springs.

BowdenCableEnd.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️