• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MA - Can I drive a "done" car?

Masterbuilder46

This forum is a bit dead but will give it a shot - I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to drive a "completed" restoration car (whatever that may mean to your specific car).  I currently have a '71; untouched minus routine maintenance items and I am debating putting the car under the knife.  I am just wondering what the difference would be from a driving perspective to evaluate how far I want to go with it.  

I am located in/around Boston but would be happy to take a drive.  We can trade cars for a quick cruise!!  If this is not for you, thats ok too.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I live in East Providence, RI and would be happy to meet another local enthusiast.

I recently took ownership of a '76 that was restored in '96 - that I am slowly but surely tinkering with as time permits.

Once I am done with the front wheel bearings, replacing the front strut mounts, and replacing the Koni's in the rear with Bilstein HDs (I am pretty sure I already have Bilsteins in the front, which, according to an original receipt that came with the car, were installed in '77), I'd be happy to meet so you could take her for a spin.

Chris

• Like 2

'74 Atlantic Blue Tii w/sunroof (my very first car - circa 1990)

'76 Sahara w/sunroof (restored/repainted sunshine yellow, then sold - circa 2002)

'76 Fjord Blue w/sunroof (restored in '96 by PO) - my current baby

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors