• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bracket in trunk under package tray

Randall C
Go to solution Solved by Son of Marty,

• Solution

That's for the fuel vapor canister, the vent runs from the gas tank to that and then up to the engine room charcoal canister then the air cleaner.

image.thumb.png.01e013cc4b6f0bc89acfdb89a6beccc0.png

Edited by Son of Marty
  • Like 3

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Just occurred to me...that bracket looks suspiciously like the one that holds the windshield washer bottle...wonder if it's the same stamping...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

5 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

Just occurred to me...that bracket looks suspiciously like the one that holds the windshield washer bottle...wonder if it's the same stamping...

mike

One in the trunk is not for a tapered fit to the bottle.  The leaf is not a spring but is turned 90 degrees to insert in the holes, then it flops around but blocks the bottle in.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I was wrong on the taper, but the passenger fender washer bottle bracket is an inch narrower than the one in the trunk, I just measured it.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

1 hour ago, jimk said:

One in the trunk is not for a tapered fit to the bottle.  The leaf is not a spring but is turned 90 degrees to insert in the holes, then it flops around but blocks the bottle in.

I thought the "spring" was a thin piece of spring steel, a little longer than the bracket is wide. When flexed into place, the curve holds against the vapor canister, holding it snug. Am I wrong? 

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive