• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 02 Series Rear Panel Badging

BritshIron

• 2 weeks later...

This well researched and nicely written post provided me with not only enjoyable reading but introduced information previously unappreciated and insights previously unknown. I’ve read it  several times and learn something new on each and every occasion.

It’s a major contribution to communal 02 knowledge.

Thanks @Britishiron.AAB719C9-BBA9-44B1-91B5-B23B7F307176.thumb.jpeg.99ed43f4244bb25935f3f4b6fac8fac6.jpeg

Dec 1966

Edited by Flunder
  • Like 3

Thanks for putting together this very thorough and informative article, Mr. "R".  It's a topic which really needed addressing. And, Yes, the badge and script is often the first thing one observes. It's part of the emotional first impressions.  As I rummaged the salvage yards I always got fixated on the trim and badges. I just don't understand why I didn't remove them all. I gave a lot away as well.

The "1600" badge for 1967 and very early 68 cars mounted alongside the BMW roundel  on the top right corner of the of the rear panel is thicker and more solid vs. the later 1600 and 1602 and 2002 badges mounted on the lower portion, which are not thinner and not as solid. I'll provide pics when I get to my desk which is littered with these badges.

And, now that we are exploring this very interesting topic in detail, how about the "NK" badging ? There are a lot of interesting things going on there. I'll provide a little detail on this as well.

I'll also provide detail on the early "BMW 16oo" dash badge.

Edited by Zak
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, johnbbq said:

Where would the "automatic" badge go on a 76? And if anyone has one I'd like to buy it.

The Automatic badge goes on the opposite (left) side from the 2002 badge, above the taillight..

There’s currently a few on the ‘Bay, and Rogerstii looks to have one available.

IMG_2650.jpeg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com