• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Upgrade Opinions

Mike

I’m feeling really lucky now that there’s still some great old school upholsterers left in my city, Mtech and alcantara fabric purchased from Relicate and shop charged me $500 a seat, replacing some foam along the way. Super comfortable vs stock seats for spirited driving. 

IMG_0460.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, e31fan said:

I’m feeling really lucky now that there’s still some great old school upholsterers left in my city, Mtech and alcantara fabric purchased from Relicate and shop charged me $500 a seat, replacing some foam along the way. Super comfortable vs stock seats for spirited driving. 

IMG_0460.jpeg

Thats great! I just went to get my first quote from a very respected shop just north of seattle and I was definitely not that lucky with my price quote. The zoomzoom on ebay looks great and so do these. Not to cross threads too much but if you go with one of the brown vinyl options from zoom zoom how do you find the right vendor to match the door panel/cards close enough? 

My 1970 is the malaga color and trying to decide on playing the guess the brown game or simplify and go all black. 

• Like 1

1974 Alfa Romeo Gtv 2000- Sold

1953 Ford F100 - Sold

1970 BMW 2002 (Malaga)

55 minutes ago, plo said:

Thats great! I just went to get my first quote from a very respected shop just north of seattle and I was definitely not that lucky with my price quote. The zoomzoom on ebay looks great and so do these. Not to cross threads too much but if you go with one of the brown vinyl options from zoom zoom how do you find the right vendor to match the door panel/cards close enough? 

My 1970 is the malaga color and trying to decide on playing the guess the brown game or simplify and go all black. 

Don't be afraid to chat with Zoom Zoom. When I ordered, they contacted me and let me pick my stich style, perforations, mix and match vinyl styles ect. They probably fully aware of original interior colors and vinyl and can help match what you want. 

• Like 3

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

Here's an option. For the price of reupholstering or the price of a single new recaro/scheel I got a pair of semi custom, retro style ProCar Rally seats. I love em. 

• Like 1

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

They look good for new seats! Recaros are getting a bit silly now, I’ve had mine for donkeys thankfully, but id fit the procar if I had to purchase and reupholster a set of Recaros, fortunately I’d only need to recover mine when the time comes still about $2.5k AUD not cheap but skilled work isn’t and why should it be😉

Edited by SydneyTii