• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Verona, Granada, Imola - Color Identity Inquiry

Go to solution Solved by visionaut,

Hi Guys,

I'm going to finish my rebuilt 02 project soon. If I'm not misremembering, it's the 71 model.
I'm having a round tail light with Ti frontgril. 

and starting to choose color.........

what's come up in my mind is red color. I saw from youtube and the found out that's "IMOLA" (Pic 1,2 attached).

and realized that IMOLA is not original color of 02 (Verona and Granada are they)

My point is asking for identity of Verona, Granada and Imola what's the main differences.

and what's you guys opinion If I paint one of those red on the mine
- roundtail
- Ti frontgril
- 14-15" wheel with a little lowering.
- adding front and rear spoiler.

something alike pic 3 attached. 

S__15974426.jpg

S__15974427.jpg

5dd2a1d8d422ee038a669ba9cd9c9cc51461841.jpg

I have both a Verona and a freshly repainted Granada 2002 and really I love the Granada color better for a 2002. In my opinion it just has a more vintage feel to it and less of a sports car red. I will say they are very close in actual appearance, and you can’t really go wrong with either one. 

Granada:

IMG_5418.thumb.jpeg.bd677a643ac332b122d7a557105a955f.jpeg

• Like 5

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

Granada red is a deep, dark red very nice one of favorite.

Verona red is a beautiful color, much brighter more orange in the red…

I’m refreshing my Verona red Baur I have no pictures that reflect fresh Verona red…

but attached is a picture of my son’s Granada Red 2002 my original car purchased in 76

IMG_5929.thumb.png.fd8fd3e0046dd265c0f782b3000708a5.png

IMG_4895.thumb.jpeg.c9ab236f2ca1926f902f339144e63d20.jpeg

• Like 5

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

14 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

Gordon, that's a beautiful car right there👍👍👍.

I do miss this one,  had to sell it due to a cross country move. It's been on BAT twice since I sold it ten years ago for double the price that I sold it for. ZF 4-speed,  manual windows,  no PS or AC, got more comments when I drove it compared to my tii.

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

On 12/30/2023 at 1:07 AM, joebarthlow said:

If I do a color change on my '74, it will be Verona, mostly because it's an northern Italian city and I cannot afford an Afla or Ferrari 🤣

There’s also a Verona, Virginia 😏

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Granada was the original 2002 red, starting with the 68's.  US 2002s in '68 and '69 only came in five colors for the US market, courtesy of Max Hoffman:  Granada, Chamonix, Nevada, and at extra cost, two metallics--Polaris and Baikal.  

In other markets--or if you ordered your US spec 02 from an overseas supplier (as for military or diplomatic personnel)--it was available in the nearly dozen colors available on 1600s.  

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

IMO, few colors don't look outstanding on an o2 (assuming the quality of the bodywork is there and the painter has skilllz.  I had a 'Manila' 69, interesting color with the brown/tobacco vinyl, 73tii Polaris (blue vinyl), 74tii Verona (black vinyl) and then my Alpina race car, started life as a 'Granada'69 Ti, and then was painted white/red stripes and then black.  I did learn over the years that they left the Granada paint on the underside of the hood and deck lids as well as the engine bay and trunk/boot area.  In a bw photo the difference between black and 'another color' is easily detected.  Never did love the Verona car.  Granada is a great color I think for an early car.

74nor_betzler01.jpg

Alpina Alt 5.jpg

• Like 5