• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

W&N Floorpan Fitment Question

I would suggest welding the parts of the frame rail that are flush with the floor then like mentioned above use weight to bend the floor down to the frame rail and then start tack welding it in until it looks good.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, D.martijn said:

I know when I first made a patch panel (now several years ago) I pushed the patch panel too far down along the sill making the floor sit a little too low compared to the other side. In the end I later on cut it all out and replaced if with the W&N floor 😊

I did need to push the floor down to the rail as well, I had my brother inside of the car, using his weight to spot weld the floor to the rail. 

Is it just the end of the frame rail section that is sticking up? 

No, all the sides of the pan (where it meets up with the sill, trans tunnel, and the back part of the floopan) except for the front are too high. The end of the frame rail is just a bonus. :)

17 minutes ago, popovm said:

No, all the sides of the pan (where it meets up with the sill, trans tunnel, and the back part of the floopan) except for the front are too high. The end of the frame rail is just a bonus. :)

Well just going from your last pictures I find the fitment pretty good, going of from the hole in the inner sill. 🤔

I would try the pull the frame rail down like you did in the previous post. And go from there.

How far up did you cut at the transmission tunnel?

I know on my 02 the bend was causing it to sit to high. 

1 hour ago, D.martijn said:

Well just going from your last pictures I find the fitment pretty good, going of from the hole in the inner sill. 🤔

I would try the pull the frame rail down like you did in the previous post. And go from there.

How far up did you cut at the transmission tunnel?

I know on my 02 the bend was causing it to sit to high. 

The tunnel isn’t cut above the bend yet. I just cut out rust metal at this point. The pan doesn’t hit any metal on that side “at rest” but may be hitting some of the old metal whenI am pushing down on that side. 

Sounds like the consensus is to start tacking it in and not mess with the rail anymore. I’ll give that a shot. I am going to finish the firewall and inner fender then start tacking in the floor pan. I’ll update later. Thanks guys!