• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seized motor

10 minutes ago, lunarkingdom said:

Ireland engineering has kits for each part like head kit lower end kit etc

Gasket kits yes, but OP is a Vintage mustang guy.

He's probably thinking something along these lines:

A one shot kit, wouldn't that be nice?😉

WWW.SUMMITRACING.COM

Free Shipping - Federal Mogul Premium Engine Rebuild Kits with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Engine Rebuild Kits at Summit Racing.

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

55 minutes ago, tech71 said:

Gasket kits yes, but OP is a Vintage mustang guy.

He's probably thinking something along these lines:

A one shot kit, wouldn't that be nice?😉

WWW.SUMMITRACING.COM

Free Shipping - Federal Mogul Premium Engine Rebuild Kits with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Engine Rebuild Kits at Summit Racing.

Yes I was hoping to find a kit like this 👆 but I'm realizing that doesn't exist which could be a good thing. I think it means these motors are pretty reliable. I need to look at the positive in this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flexicanfranko said:

Did I get a good deal for $2500? 

Yeah, I think you did quite well especially if it’s solid.

Throw another $5000 at it (labor not included) , it will be back on its feet and you will still be doing quite well.

kinda envy you, I like the repairing part  as much as driving them, which is  a lot

Edited by tech71
  • Like 3

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

They used to make full engine  gasket kits for m10 2002s I have an old one in the attic. Now there are so many different combinations it's easier for everyone to buy and sell all the gaskets separately. Make sure you get quality gaskets from good brands you can trust. I like Fel-Pro gaskets. They make good quality parts at affordable prices. But Victor Reinz and Goetze and Beru are still good german parts companies. I would avoid Bosch, their quality control standards aren't what they used to be. Al ot of Bosch parts are coming from cheap manufacturers in third world countries and its bad.

• Like 1