• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10 Engine CAD Model

On 1/19/2024 at 9:22 PM, Dudeland said:

I wonder if there are people that could scan one for me. 

I have been using the exact same scanner to do scans of the whole 2002 chassis and bring it into CAD. Photos to come soon as I bring things into Fusion 360 which can handle the open surfaces. Matt is not kidding about power BTW. To run this scanner well, I am using a Dell Precision 7560 with an RTX A4000, an I9, and 128gb of ram. The scan I did on the underside of Noah's SR20 powered 2002 sucked down all of that ram like it was nothing. The GPU cries and I am looking at upgrading it to an A5000 after I get a few projects under my belt.

• Like 1

-Tom

1974 green 2002 tii

1995 525i -ish

Loving these scans... thanks for sharing team!
They're great resolution with some nice detail but wondering has anyone had a go at simplifying/cleaning these up at all... I'm making a start but my 3D software isn't great at mechanical models...  just thinking a SolidWorks user may have better tools?
If anyone does, hoping they may share too?

Edited by 2002FjordBaur
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Man I just pulled my motor and was planning to scan it (I've got an Artec Eva scanner) and I thought ... "maybe I should google search to see if someone's already done this." And look where I ended back up!

These are great, thank you for sharing!

I'll likely be scanning the bay and maybe a few other parts to complete the motor enough to place it in the bay in CAD. I'll share when I do.

• Like 2

1975 2002 - US Spec, Taiga Green

• 2 weeks later...