• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Alternator plug/ connector Replacement

question guys where can i find the lil elbow that holds the 3 wires that goes into the alt.  all my searches only come up the new style one.  mine is pretty beat id love to have a nice fresh one  thanks in advance 

got bolts?....well i sell them...ask me how....

bimmerboltsandparts.com

75 2002

88 yamaha ysr50 (street)

88 yamaha ysr50 project

94 jeep yj

84 318i

Before you go replacing it, it's been my experience those sockets last indefinitely so long as they haven't been physically damaged--like overheating or getting hit by an errant wrench.  If yours keeps falling out , that's because the wire bail (clip) that's supposed to hold it in place is most likely missing.  I'm sure someone on the board will post a picture of what that bail looks like--and it's not difficult to make one if yours is missing (it's just a piece of bent wire).  However, if yours is damaged/burned...

It's not original, nor is it as easy as the OEM socket, but if worst comes to worst, you can plug each individual wire onto its correct terminal on the alternator by crimping/soldering a female push on terminal (use shrink wrap sleeves to keep those bare wires from touching each other) to each wire and plugging 'em in individually.  Also, IIRC the socket for the voltage regulator is the same as for the alternator.  

Something I've always wondered about but never tried:  those alternator/voltage regulator sockets look a lot like those used on the headlights in our cars.  Has anyone tried to see if they fit?  

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I used one of these on a 3.0 csi alternator that I used to own.  Same connections as a stock 2002 alternator that uses the external voltage regulator.

WWW.REPAIRCONNECTOR.COM

Automotive Electrical Repair Connectors and Tools

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️