• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Grail Labs Blade Fuse Box Replacement

I got all the units built for existing orders and I'll have them in the mail tomorrow. The preorder discount ends after May 31st so buy soon if you're looking to get one at the cheaper price. Very excited to be getting these to people!

I can’t believe I missed this deal. I was following this and had a calendar reminder but still missed the preorder. Ugh!

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

I just started to install the HGL fuse box for my 73 tii. I pulled the harness out before body and paint so I'm following my photos and the wiring diagram for installation. The HGL terminal/color code layout from OEM is very different (like 180 degrees off).  To be clear, should I follow the HGL terminal designations and forget the original order?

17 hours ago, GmanWhidbey said:

I just started to install the HGL fuse box for my 73 tii. I pulled the harness out before body and paint so I'm following my photos and the wiring diagram for installation. The HGL terminal/color code layout from OEM is very different (like 180 degrees off).  To be clear, should I follow the HGL terminal designations and forget the original order?

Could you reach out to us with some details? I believe you should be following what's on the new unit but I'd like to double check since you're in a bit of a unique situation. Email is support (at) holygraillabs (dot) com

I installed my on a pre 73 car with no issues.  All terminals were as per the old box and correct per the wiring diagram.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Installed in my 1976.  Great product and already seeing benefits - installation was easy - 30 minutes.  Taking pictures before hand made it easy to follow along.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mokeefe said:

Installed in my 1976.  Great product and already seeing benefits - installation was easy - 30 minutes.  Taking pictures before hand made it easy to follow along.

Great to hear install went well! Thank you for the feedback

• 2 weeks later...

Missed the preorder discount window due to funds but got mine ordered finally. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Received the fuse box for my '74tii from Holy Grail Labs.  Easy install and works great!

After checking out the LEDs, I toggled the little dip switch so that the LEDs don't stay ON.  

Pretty cool...

Battery Hooked up, but car not started:

HolyGrail1.jpg

Car Started without Headlights turned ON:

HolyGrail2.jpg

Car Started with the Headlights (low beams) turned ON:

HolyGrail3.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

• 1 month later...

I'll throw my testimonial into the ring as well - received my new fuse box from HGL a few weeks ago, but only just found the time to install it (along with a few other "while we're in there" bits and bobs).  It's a really gorgeous piece of kit, and like JohnS, I appreciate the telltale LEDs for circuit status (particularly the red "blown fuse" idiot light feature, shown below with the #2 circuit "forced" open).

Took me no more than 35 minutes to install on my '76, with the most arduous part being the minor connector block modification required to clear the new ground spade...oh and the fact that I lost track of where the switched power supply connection for my aftermarket stereo was supposed to land 🙃

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm noticing a higher voltage reading on my dash gauge through the HGL box than through the old bullet fuse box - approximately 13.8V vs. 13.4V.  Suffice to say there was a little more voltage drop through those crusty old bullet fuses!  Kudos to @Galahad for a super product, many thanks for bringing it to the masses!

IMG20240913092505.jpg

IMG20240913094636.jpg

IMG20240913172551.jpg

IMG20240913173409.jpg

• Like 1