• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling crack on the block

Dane

3 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

Nitrating which is the active ingredient here is a surface hardening method and would do nothing to help stabilizing blocks but their selection of used blocks and letting them sit out in the weather for a year or more does work internal stress out of the casting. In 1970 I was lucky enough to tour the Volvo factory and they had fields of 4 and 6 cyl blocks stacked on pallets the guide said they left them out in the weather for 18 months before machining them and their engines of those years were indestructible. 

Don't forget the magic ingredient-Urine

But what do I know

So anyway....Last block I had cleaned, inspected and mag checked only cost me forty bucks. Maybe worth it to know for sure.

And its Ammonia, Ammonia is the magic ingredient, in the Urine

• Like 2

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

11 hours ago, tech71 said:

So anyway....Last block I had cleaned, inspected and mag checked only cost me forty bucks. Maybe worth it to know for sure.

And its Ammonia, Ammonia is the magic ingredient, in the Urine

Well whatever the key chemical is,  just  sit back relax enjoy a few of your favorite adult beverages and when the time comes, let it fly....😄

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

Enough of the urinal jokes.

Anyone got any advice how to seal the crack?  It's not structural, holds almost no pressure, just needs to be liquid tight with slim possibility of leaking because it is in a location that can't be observed in service and one wouldn't want coolant leaking into the oil.

if other areas of the block are inspected/measured for continued refurbishment, a repair seems possible.

Seems like the block needs to be preheated and the crack braze repaired after it is explored for depth.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

59 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

So says the guy with "A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak." at the bottom of his posts. 😆

Yeah, but I know enough to stop after one.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.