• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Koito H4 kits CHEAP!!!!!

2 hours ago, yeewiz said:

FYI, you guys did it!  You bought them all out.  Just got off the line with Toyota Parts Overstock.  The lights are now backordered with no ETA.  Nice job guys! 👏👏👏

If you need a set and are coming to the Swap and Show at the Brisbane marina in May or the Cars and Coffee in Los Gatos on 4/20, let me know.

John

• Like 5

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

@RoccoGilroy Thanks for the headups on the lights, I grabbed the last 2 pair in the Atlanta yesterday at a local Toyota dealership for $30.15ea. The lights are now on a 6 month nationwide backorder. The parts manager said people have been coming in and buying all that they had. Heck, the relays alone are worth $50.00. Anyway, got them installed on my project car last night.

IMG_3781.HEIC

• Thanks 1

Well it was fun while it lasted… Im very happy for everyone and hopefully Toyota restocks the kit for the future. I’ll never know but I can’t help but wonder how many sold in total… 

And to all you hoarders out there who bought 10 boxes for 1 car… Go to the next cars and coffee with 8 of your boxes and pass them out to your friends who didn’t get in on the initial rush… Be charitable…

That’s my only wish… 

• Like 6

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

2 hours ago, Mike Nance said:

Heck, the relays alone are worth $50.00. Anyway, got them installed on my project car last night.

Right! I am probably going to end up using just the housings and bulbs from the kit and saving the relays and wiring harness (I have a '76). The harness and relays are pretty dang nice! Now I'll have some relays hanging around. I'll probably use them for driving lights. 

Edited by popovm
  • Like 1

I was in the process of redoing the power wire for my Pertronix and was going to go and buy some wire and also some plastic sheathing.  Then 💡I looked at that beautiful harness that I didn't use on my '74.  I harvested a nice piece of the high quality red wire and some of the plastic sheathing and was able to complete my wiring project without having to buy anything.  There must be at least 10 feet of wire of various colors in that harness and all the plastic sheathing.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.  Love it,

John

• Like 4

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

7 hours ago, JohnS said:

There must be at least 10 feet of wire of various colors in that harness and all the plastic sheathing.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Plus, around thirty zip ties and a little tube of dielectric grease. :) 

The rubber covers over the back of the harness headlight plugs are nice too.

3 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Plus, around thirty zip ties and a little tube of dielectric grease. :) 

The rubber covers over the back of the harness headlight plugs are nice too.

Lifetime supply of large zip ties. 😶 I actually used a little dab of the grease on my original female plugs as instructed by my trusty Toyota instruction manual.  The plugs on the Hella H4s that I had installed back in the 80's were hard to remove.  Sort of fused.

I even cleaned up my '74 4-prong relays and added a small amount (small) of the grease on those for future easier release.  I'll be customizing my other Toyota harness to use on my '73, but that will take a little time and thought before I tear into it.  Those rubber plug covers do look nice...

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Koito club official member #57 😉No relays were harmed during the process.

Notice that lovely big bumper, the bulging turn signals & the front reflector.  The way god intended 😁

God was a little bit wrathful in 1974 in the US... 🙃

KoitoKlub1.jpg

KoitoKlub2.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Koito club official member #57 

This has to be the all-time record of responses/views to @RoccoGilroy's  original post!

How can we find our official Koito Club membership number?? 

Response date to your post? Purchase confirmation date? Installation date? 

We do need stinkin' badges on our vests! 🤠

Rocco, you deserve a trophy for "The Best Deal of the Year". 🏆

John

Edited by John76

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, John76 said:

This has to be the all-time record of responses/views to @RoccoGilroy's  original post!

How can we find our official Koito Club membership number?? 

Response date to your post? Purchase confirmation date? Installation date? 

We do need stinkin' badges on our vests! 🤠

Rocco, you deserve a trophy for "The Best Deal of the Year". 🏆

John

Well I appreciate the kind words. To echo what I’ve said already, I’m just happy I was able to share something useful and give back to the community that has given me so much help and support. 

Maybe good karma will come upon me in the form of a good deal on some 15” wheels. I just got done putting the front Volvo upgrade on and the e21 turbines won’t fit over the caliper. 

Edited by RoccoGilroy

3 hours ago, RoccoGilroy said:

I just got done putting the front Volvo upgrade on and the e21 turbines won’t fit over the caliper. 

I've read quite a few times that you can grind a bit off the caliper to make it fit (in some situations).  Apparently, there is plenty of extra meat built into them.

How close is it?

Or search away with those key words, to see if I'm remembering posts with that combination.

Thanks again for the headlight tip!  

Tom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I've read quite a few times that you can grind a bit off the caliper to make it fit (in some situations).  Apparently, there is plenty of extra meat built into them.

How close is it?

Or search away with those key words, to see if I'm remembering posts with that combination.

Thanks again for the headlight tip!  

Tom

I’ve read that too. But the calipers look so nice and remanufactured and pretty and stuff. And I don’t like the e21 wheels anyway. Can’t rationalize marring up new parts to make wheels I don’t like, fit. Right now I’m thinking about how the brand new centric rotors I just bought are warped beyond beliefs and how rockauto’s return system is far too complex, and what rotor brand I should buy to not have this issue again. 

Zimmerman 1977 e21 coated rotors are what I’m leaning towards. 

But I digress… The headlights are fantastic and I hope Toyota restocks them so more people can see at night for a reasonabke

price. 

Beautiful day out here at Sunset State Beach in Watsonville California.

The Poppies are Popp'in and the Koito's are Rock'in...

Poppies1.jpg

Poppies2.jpg

Poppies3.jpg

Poppies4.jpg

Poppies5.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

19 hours ago, RoccoGilroy said:

I just got done putting the front Volvo upgrade on and the e21 turbines won’t fit over the caliper. 

I've got a set of e30 14x6 Bottlecap wheels you can have for free if you want them.  I actually have two sets.  Ones a Lemmers made set and the other set is made by F.P.S.  Free to a good home.

• Like 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

A good friend has offered to lend me some 15’s until such time that I can buy a proper set up. If that falls through I’ll let you know John. Thank you! Gotta get together for a drive!