• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help on trailer hitch

Ed is just the trailer coupling you are seeking to install? My catalog of accessories lists the part number for  “additional relay for trailer operation with hazard warning flasher”.  Probably a few dusty ones on a shelf somewhere in Europe!  Good luck with the hunt.  Tom

IMG_3045.jpeg

• Like 1

Tom I think yo found it! the picturs although not good looks to be the hitch i have. I have been looking for an hour for it but no luck so far. at least I know what I am looking for so the search gos on. anyone out there with a 61-31-1-351-931 relay sitting around? Thank you so much for your time Tom.

Ed

• Like 1

for square tail cars, there is another option for a trailer hitch.  repurpose the center bumper shock mount.  weld a plate and mount for hitch ball to end of it.  hangs right below bumper and could be made so it does not stick out to grab shins.  I used this concept for a towing eye on my track car.  see page 48  in build thread.

2xM3

24 minutes ago, M3M3 said:

for square tail cars, there is another option for a trailer hitch.  repurpose the center bumper shock mount. 

Mine uses the bumper shock mount bolt, as well as the underside of the bumper itself.  It does require a longer bolt and , as mentioned above, the muffler hanger is in the way so they cut it off and added one to the hitch.

030.thumb.JPG.f85ccd4a29fd61876789fc851e237524.JPG

Here are the three rear hangers I made.  The middle one is on the car now.

image.thumb.jpeg.3cb1f48e160785c50379342b0dbad965.jpeg

• Like 2