• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who owns 2570065? Found your Part!

As I put together the remaking bits of my car after restoration, I ran across the upper steering column shroud, which my car still needs to have installed.  This one has a VIN that doesn’t match my car, so I would like for it to return to its owner, if still possible.  The VIN is 2570065.  Lemme know if it’s yours!

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

• Like 3

The owner was here back in 2016!  See this thread:

I have an upper steering wheel cover from my parts car you can have if this one gets reunited with that car, although it sounds as though it was pretty rough and so could’ve been parted out  

Hi all, I just bought a 1971 BMW 2002 project car and am “glad to be back” (after owning a 1976 ’02 back in the 1990s). This new adventure will be a Father-Daughter project,

This poster is Eric King in Cincinnati.  He still has the car, with the restoration project on hold as his daughter is in the Navy.  It's kinda unclear if his car's VIN is the 2570065, but if it is, PM me and I'll get you in touch with him.  I'm sure he'd love to have that back.

And...interestingly, the VIN tag is all aluminum; I thought  that with the modell 71 cars, the factory changed to a black anodized border with just the number are left silver.  Yet another little anomaly with the changeover from the 166/7XXXX VINs to the 257/8/9XXXX (modell 71)VINs. 

Those all silver tags are a real distraction when driving; I painted the one on my '69 all black a week or two after taking delivery.  Took the factory another 3 or so years...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite