• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inexpensive bushings ...

So I got some inexpensive outer control arm bushings from Autohaus AZ, and they're just a tad too big. I had been warned that this sometimes happens with cheaper rubber. The inners are UROs, and went in just fine. I ordered a set of the OEM outer bushings, so with any luck I'll be in business when they show up in a week or so. 

Not sure why I mention it except to mention it. Anyone else had this happen? Again, I was warned it might, so I wasn't surprised. Annoyed, sure. But not surprised. 

'74 2002tii 

Maximum honk

I tried good aftermarket brand and OEM. Neither worked. I tried all the tricks in the book. I ended up with a screaming freak on NOS control arms with bushings already installed and counted myself lucky. Might be the one spot I either use urethane bushings. 

• Sad 1

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

I ended up using PowerFlex bushings from Blunt for this very reason.  I had a set of new BWM control arms and gave up trying to press in either URO or OEM bushings.  It's the only place I went with urethane.  Not inexpensive...

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️