• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clear windshield 2024

I searched and found posts on the topic as recently as 2019, but am having a bit of trouble locating a clear windshield today. The green tinted versions still seam to be easy to find, but does anyone know of vendors who still currently have clear windshields? 

1972 2002tii- Cannibalized

1985 318i- Retired

1974 2002tii- daily driver (summer)

1999 323 e46- daily driver (winter)

https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/windscreen-clear-glass-1502-2002-turbo-sedan-you-need-1-for-1-car-51-25-07.html

The BMW part # is 51319558352 for the clear glass. You may find it at a BMW dealer..

Edited by visionaut

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Am also interested in sources, "just in case" as my '69 has all clear glass and is on its third (or fourth, I forget) windshield from flung stones.  It was hard enough finding a clear heated backlight...

mike

• Confused 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

4 hours ago, gordon415 said:

Question about buying from Walloth & Nesh - how much did it cost to ship? 

Around $300 for shipping

• Thanks 1

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

I just bought the full set at W&N when they had their 30% sale. About $700 for the glass, about $750 to ship plus duty $85. Was still less than the dealer ($2100??) with my discount, and BMW doesn't have all of them.

Shipped UPS, and was advised to open the boxes to check for damage when the driver was there, otherwise W&N would not process a claim for damage.

• Like 1

Did all '74 US cars have green glass?  I swear that the glass on my '74tii isn't as dark as on my '73tii to the point where I thought the '74 had clear.  Is there any marking on the glass itself to confirm Clear vs. Green?

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

51 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Is there any marking on the glass itself to confirm Clear vs. Green?

Yes. Post pics of your glass ‘bugs’ (the grouped set of markings on each piece of glass). It carries lotsa info, incl possibly tint. On a windshield it’s likely on one of the corners. Here’s an example of a bug from my original green-tint side glass..

It’s possible there was some variation in the green tint, but based on manufacturer more than year.

The easy tint test is to hold a piece of bright-white paper up against the glass…

Tom

IMG_2447.jpeg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

From my 74tii.  Bad pic but same D 291 M101.  Must be green.  Which code is the color?

Must be the dirt.  It's the Thrasher after all.  Patina.  Maybe I'm going color blind 😵‍💫

GlasBug74tii.jpg

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️