• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Petri Wheel Parts

Can't help on the collar, but if you want to use the Petri wheel on a 2002, the contact plunger is pressed into a hole in the steering wheel hub, and the contact ring is set between the upper and lower halves of the steering column surrounds.  The larger 6 cylinder cars (sedans and coupes) had just the opposite setup:  plunger on the steering column, contact ring on the back of the steering wheel.  Most factory wheels have both the plunger hole and two small screw holes for the contact ring, allowing the wheel to be used on both 02s and the 4 door sedans (E3, E9 etc) and coupes.

The plunger, I suspect is the same one used on the OEM (US spec) factory wheels, as I've used that one on several different aftermarket steering wheel hubs.  And the contact ring is part of the steering column, so you need to use the factory part.  

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Petri wheel has been on my 1600 for many years PO had installed a horn button where the choke cable goes because of the missing contact plunger. I installed a choke cable for my side drafts so no more horn button and installed a Momo wheel that works properly with horn but I miss the Petri wheel..... 

Have you tried removing the horn contact plunger from the Momo wheel hub and installing it in the Petri wheel?  If it fits, you're in business--and you can order another contact to make your Momo wheel whole again.  

mike

Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Those horn contact plungers are usually a push in-push out fit, so swapping from one wheel to another should be easy.  If the Petri wheel's mounting hole is too small (and I'm betting it isn't, since that wheel was an option/accessory on non-US cars) you'll know it before you break it.  It should just push in without tools.

mike

Back before the internet made parts shopping easy, I made a horn contact pin out of the lead from a carpenters pencil carved round-ish and a ball point pen spring it still works years later.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

The plastic collars on both of my Petri wheels were pretty thrashed.  I purchased reproduction ones from FAQ member whs.de (Wolfgang) in Germany.  Worked great.  Not sure if he's still around, but you might try pinging him.  Good luck,

John 

PetriHubCovers.jpg

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

The Petri horn contact pins are still available new, BMW part number: 32331109750

WWW.PELICANPARTS.COM

Genuine BMW CARBON PIN $28.21. Call (310)626-8765. May Qualify For FREE SHIPPING. Parts# 32 33 1 109 750 32-33-1-109-750 32.33.1.109.750 32331109750. 2002tii, 2002, 1802, 1602, 1600ti, 1600.

• Like 1

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels