• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Boring Future

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I may not be on the EV car thing yet, but I'm all over these for camping "glamping" in the 2002.  :)

You've got to keep dem coldies cold.  That's important... and the food...

I see a rear seat delete in my future :)  My camping buddy of 40+ years just bought one of these for his Toyota Tundra and now I want one...

Glamper.jpg

Fridge.jpg

I always felt part of the fun in camping was getting the car and going on a beer and ice run.  

But what do I know

22 hours ago, TobyB said:

...but my car doesn't look like an anal suppository, and most electrics tend to...

or the face of something that's just had an anal suppository administered.

What's funny is to watch the newest generations of ICE cars trend toward that same look...

BTW, I tend to agree- BEV is not a 100% solution.  But a 72% solution now is far better than what we HAVE been doing.

t

was once quite excited about an electric Focus until it turned out to cost more than an RS and not

actually have the real- world range to do his 60 mile freeway commute in the winter...

Hmmm, someone seems to have an anal bum kink?

As with everything, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and fortunately for EV's, form follows function for aerodynamics and efficiency.

The future is now old man! (stolen from Malcolm in the Middle)

3 hours ago, Blue-2002 said:

Hmmm, someone seems to have an anal bum kink?

I'm with Toby. I think many of the new designs, including EV cars look as if they were shaped by human bowels .

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Zak said:

I'm with Toby. I think many of the new designs, including EV cars look as if they were shaped by human bowels .

The soft blob form is simply reflective of the appliance owners and operators... Those POS turds will still be offgassing when they go to the crusher. Eco my ass.

Bob

• Like 2

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

1 hour ago, bob02 said:

... Those POS turds will still be offgassing when they go to the crusher.

So instead of methane being released millions of years from now, the underground pockets will be Chlorine and Benzine.  

Greta's grand children will be even more angry. 

• Like 3

But what do I know

2 hours ago, bob02 said:

Those POS turds will still be offgassing when they go to the crusher. 

What makes you think a EV has more plastic in it than the same year ICE car, there all plastic now.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

SOM, my point is simply that there won’t be a message board dedicated to teslas or any other ev 50 years from now. 10 years and they’re obsolete the same way a laptop is. To me, buying any new car is an environmental crime. Ok, I’ll shut up now.

• Like 2

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

4 minutes ago, bob02 said:

SOM, my point is simply that there won’t be a message board dedicated to teslas or any other ev 50 years from now. 10 years and they’re obsolete the same way a laptop is. To me, buying any new car is an environmental crime. Ok, I’ll shut up now.

This is probably more of a comment on our economic system than just autos...we're always pushed to have the newest newest stuff. 

No disagreement. Hearing people's car/maintenance payments makes me love my 02 even more. 

• Like 3

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

I admit that I'm ignorant about the latest electric cars.  What happens to the batteries when they give up the ghost?  They don't last forever do they?  How much does it cost to replace the batteries?  Is it like rebuilding an engine in terms of cost?  Can they be recycled?

• Like 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️