• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cinturato CN36

Hi team

I think last time we had these you guys loved them if i'm not wrong.

WWW.LONGSTONETYRES.CO.UK

PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 Tyres - The classic PIRELLI CN36 car tyres developed in the 50s. PIRELLI CN36 Tyres online.

sorry it took so long, but a lorry turned up at our gaff this morning with a load of them.

• Like 7

They look right and work great.  I just wish I could have afforded them back in the mid 70's.  I did burn through a few sets of P3 Pirellis back then (I would buy some of them if they would remake them as well)  

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Posted (edited)

Is the detail on this web page correct do you know?

WWW.LONGSTONETYRES.CO.UK

BMW 2002 tyres. Welcome to the home of BMW 2002 tyres. Buy BMW 2002 tyres online. BMW 2002 tyre pressures, original equipment OE. Classic BMW tyres.

have you got any pictures that could make a page about tyres b etter. maybe pictures of any period data about tyre pressures that sort of thing?

Edited by Longstone Tyres
  • Like 1

They do (look right and work well) and are really in my opinion reasonably priced.  I never ran a set on any of my o2's - some yoko A008's and a set or two of Mich XAS'.  One set of "Phoenix Stahlflex'" that were super sticky.  I am dating myself with the Phoenix reference, you have to be as old as dirt to have had a set of those (or even know what they were.....Byron does though....<no offense on your age Byron>).

16 minutes ago, markmac said:

I am dating myself with the Phoenix reference, you have to be as old as dirt to have had a set of those (or even know what they were.....Byron does though....<no offense on your age Byron>).

I had a set, I predate dirt.

• Haha 3

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Michelin do the XAS as a 165R13 and the XAS is a great tyre there is no doubt.

WWW.LONGSTONETYRES.CO.UK

165 R13 the perfect tyres for the Ford Cortina. Get the best classic tyres from Longstone Tyres. Call +44 (0) 1302711123 for more information.

I also hoipe to get the 165R13 Cinturato CN36 in a couple of months as well if you are wanting to stay standard.

• Like 1

I've purchased two sets of the 185/70 CN36s from Longstone and couldn't be happier.  Their customer service and fast shipping was excellent.  Funny that I can get a set of tires from the UK to California quicker than TireRack can ship a set of tires from Nevada.

I love the look of the Dunlop 185/70 SP Sport AquaJets.  Wondering what your opinion is of those tires when compared with the CN36?

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/185-70-13/185-70vr13-dunlop-sp-sport-aquajet.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

3 hours ago, markmac said:

I am dating myself with the Phoenix reference, you have to be as old as dirt to have had a set of those

I'm older than the rocks that made the dirt...always wanted a set of 205/60 Stahlflex Phoenixs, but they were considerably more expensive than XAS's so never sprung for 'em. 

I did like my 185/70 Yokohama Y351's though.  Hated to see 'em discontinued.   And I wish MAAXIS made a 185/70x13.  I have 14s on my 318is and love 'em.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

3 hours ago, markmac said:

They do (look right and work well) and are really in my opinion reasonably priced.  I never ran a set on any of my o2's - some yoko A008's and a set or two of Mich XAS'.  One set of "Phoenix Stahlflex'" that were super sticky.  I am dating myself with the Phoenix reference, you have to be as old as dirt to have had a set of those (or even know what they were.....Byron does though....<no offense on your age Byron>).

Oh I had  Semperit M401, Pirelli P3 , Michelin XAS , Dunlop SP Super, 3011 Phoenix Stahlflex, and even a set of Pirelli P7 Bolla Rossas back then.  Plus all of the slicks I used for Solo II.  

• Like 1

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

2 hours ago, popovm said:

how do these compare to modern performance tires like the Toyo RA1s? Similar performance with vintage looks or are they different classes of tire? 

I would say they're different classes of tires.  The RA-1 being a racetrack autocross only tire.

WWW.PIRELLI.COM

Cinturato CN36 Vintage Tyres offer high performance on wet and snow. Buy now!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/toyo-proxes-ra1

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

55 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I would say they're different classes of tires.  The RA-1 being a racetrack autocross only tire.

WWW.PIRELLI.COM

Cinturato CN36 Vintage Tyres offer high performance on wet and snow. Buy now!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/toyo-proxes-ra1

So the Cinturato is maybe more of a sporty all season than a performance summer tire?

35 minutes ago, popovm said:

So the Cinturato is maybe more of a sporty all season than a performance summer tire?

Yes, you can drive daily on the CN36s wet, dry.  The tread pattern on the RA-1 doesn't like wet very well.  It would be interesting to know the treadwear rating on the CN36s. This for the 13" versions...

From what I've seen:

RA-1 100 AA A, (Treadwear, Traction, Temp), not available in 13"

Michelin XDX-B 185/70 13: 100 A A

Vredstein 185/70 13: 160 A B

Kumho: 185/70 13: 700 A B

Laufenn 500 A A

Pirelli CN36 185/70 13:  ???

Michelin XAS 165/80 13: ???

Pirelli CN36 165/80 13:  ???

Edited by JohnS
  • Thanks 1

'73tii Inka 🍊